Our Wooden Wick Crackle Candle Range
Do you want a scented candle that really stands out from the crowd? Our wonderful wooden wick candles will fill your room with the sound of crackling wood to set the mood.
This range of scented candles have a wick that crackles like a fire, filled with the highest quality wax and fragrance oil to ensure you’re getting the best crackling wood wick candles available on the market.
On this page you will find a variety of different candles that are set with our crackle wicks, replacing the standard wick you may be used to seeing in a candle. To help inform your purchase, we’ve pulled together a comprehensive guide around crackle wick, or woodwick candles, from what exactly they are, how it works, the main differences & their safety.
Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about crackle wick candles!
The Crackle Wick Candles Range
Want to find out more about Crackle Candles, and our range specifically? We’ve detailed everything you need to know in this section below:
What Are Crackle Wick Candles?
Crackle Wick candles are highly fragranced candles usually kept in a larger jar or glass which use a wooden wick as opposed to using your typical braided cotton. The natural wooden wick when lit produces a sound of a crackling fire. Wood wicks are an increasingly popular choice for candle lovers as they create a certain ambience that many find appealing, it’s also worth noting that they are natural and eco friendly.
How Do You Use a Crackle Wick Candle?
This might seem like a very obvious question, but the question should actually be around how to get the best burn from a candle with a wooden wick. To ensure the optimal burn, you should always stick by these few steps:
- Ensure that the wick is light evenly – sometimes wooden wicks can light at one side, which will mean the wax burns unevenly.
- You should ideally burn it for 3-4 hours at any given time, you should always try and make sure you let the candle burn until the wax melts to the edges.
- Don’t move the candle when it’s lit, or when the wax is melted.
- Try and maintain a wick length of between ⅛ & ¼”. If your candle has a large flame then you should blow it out, let it cool down and trim the wick, just like any other candle. We’ve got the perfect guide for this here.
Crackle Wick Candle Myths
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about crackle wicks, so we’re going to dispel some of the common myths for you!
- Wooden wicks must be soaked in oil before lighting – it’s simply not true, they light better and easier than normal wicks!
- Wooden wicks are harder to use – again they’re actually easier to use.
- They don’t stay lit! False, if a candle doesn’t stay lit it’s usually because the wick hasn’t been trimmed.
- They need to be longer and have a bigger flame – not true!
- They don’t work with soy wax – they do, and we use soy wax!
- You can make wood wicks from any type of wood. It’s actually not true, it needs to be a certain type of wood and go through a particular drying process.
- They are harmful to the environment. If this were true, we simply wouldn’t use them, but they actually have a really clean burn.
Crackle Candle FAQs
We get a lot of questions around our crackle candle range, so we collected and answered a few of our most common ones for you here!
How do they work, it’s a question we actually get asked quite a lot. Well they are made with softwood which is treated to reduce the amount of moisture and create small little pockets of water in the wood itself. When you light the wood it boils the droplets of water and releases steam which creates pressure and therefore the small bursts of flames causing that unique crackling sound.
This slight twist on the traditional candle really adds an extra mood enhancer that you can enjoy, especially in the winter months!
There’s actually a little bit of a science behind why wood wick candles actually crackle & as you would imagine, it’s all in the wick and how it’s dried! You can find out more about this on our detailed blog, why do crackle wick candles crackle?
You might be concerned, as it’s wood, that woodwick candles burn faster. The truth is, yes they do, they burn cleaner and faster, however to make up for this, the candles we have in this range contain a lot of wax – meaning a lot of burn hours, even with a crackle wick!
If you Google this and read online, you’ll find a few scare mongering stories about the safety of crackle wick candles. They are completely safe, but often people get worried when the flame is quite significant – and this happens because the wick hasn’t been trimmed to the correct height. You need to make sure that your wick is trimmed.
Woodwick crackle candles are completely safe to burn just like any other candles, but as with any other candles you should always take best practice into account as you’re still dealing with an open flame – you also always want to ensure that your candle is on a heat resistance surface.
At Gracie Moon Scents all our products are made with the same care and love, we promise that all our products are made with these points in mind.
Who Are Gracie Moon Scents?
We’re a small independent family run business with the ambition of making a name for ourselves in the candle and wax melt industry. The name, the logo, everything, it all came from the ideas of friends and family, even our children have been involved!
We just enjoy making quality candles & wax melts, and we want to provide our customers with the same high quality candles that we have at home.
Along with our quality crackle candles, we also have some fantastic alternative product ranges that you may be interested in.
Why Choose Gracie Moon Scents?
Convinced that a wood wick crackle candle is the right choice for you? Your next thought might be where to shop for one.
Well hopefully, right here with Gracie Moon Scents!
We offer a range of different scents and designs of wood wick candles that we’re proud of. Every single one of our products is handmade and quality checked, to ensure our customers are getting the quality they deserve.
As well as our great prices, you can rest assured you’re getting a fantastic product. All of our candles use natural soy wax & high-quality fragrance oils which we’ve tried and tested. You can’t go wrong with a Gracie Moon Candle!